San Antonio, Texas
100% full Not resolved

Update by user Nov 08, 2015

Update: This just got worse and worse.Service King called me to inform me my vehicle was fixed and ready to be picked up.

I told them it would take me a few hours before I could get there and they said it was ok. 3 hours later I got there to pick up my vehicle and the car was not ready.They returned me the car dirty and full of glass. The very next day I was driving and tried flipping my visor and a big amount of glass from the windshield fell all over me. I called to complain about it and sent allstate pictures of the condition of my vehicle upon return, plus the fact that now the dashboard trim pieces do not fit properly.

There are gaps and one of the vents do not sit flush anymore. I received a call from another agent from quality control who agreed to pay for the detailing and talked to Service King about taking the car back to fix the issue. I sent him the quote to detail the vehicle and he submitted a check for me but the address was wrong so I didn't get it the first time.

Now need to schedule an appointment to get the car detailed and then see about the dashboard issue.In the end the issue is still not resolved.

Original review posted by user Oct 07, 2015

Last September 12th driving on the highway i-35 SB when an unidentified object hit my windshield while going 70 mph.I was going from Austin to San Antonio and had barely passed the New Braunfels downtown.

I got off the hwy as soon as I could and stopped at a gas station and called the police to report the incident as I didn't see where the object came off from after finding out it was a tail pipe from a bike or truck perhaps. The police came and said nothing was reported gave me a form and left. I called the insurance and reported the incident. They stated a tow truck was coming my way and almost hour and a half later I was still waiting and decided to call AllState back.

The customer service rep that picked up the phone this time called the towing company and they informed her that they cancelled the towing service because the body shop(Service King) was closed and they wouldn't be able to deliver the car(Saturday). Then I requested for them to contact Enterprise to have them pick me up to get a rental and go home. NEVER HAPPENED!!!! and they said that Monday the tow truck would pass by my place to pick up the keys which I found strange but having such a surrealist day I totally overlooked it.

I was about to lose it after spending 4 hours at the gas station when a very nice couple offered to give me a ride home. I had them take me to the San Antonio airport where I finally got a rental and drove home. On Monday I called AllState again given the fact the Towing company never contacted me and no one new anything about it. They requested a new tow truck to tow the car the a Service King less than half a mile from where I parked.

I went to the Service King body shop and confirmed the vehicle arrived and talked to Erik who said that would be resolved in NO TIME once they´d assessed the damage. Then I got a call from Erik the very next day stating they were too busy and that my car was to be transferred over to another Service King in the other side of town. Immediately I called AllState and the claims agent assured me they moved it to the other Service King to minimize repair times. One week went by and the next Monday I got a call from the "other" Service King saying they received the paperwork for my vehicle repairs but never actually got the car.

The guy was extremely helpful and after finding out that the car was still at the New Braunfels Service King called me back to let me know. I immediately called the claims agent and requested an explanation, left a voicemail and she called back later saying that the New Braunfels location would take care of the repairs but never explained how my car spent a week at the wrong bodyshop for no reason. I spoke again with Erik who told me they had to order the windshield plus a couple of dashboard trim pieces and that it should be completed as soon as they received the part. Another week went by and I got a call from Erik stating they had the windshield but had ordered the wrong dashboard trim part and had to make a new order but that by that Friday they should have it in or worse case scenario by Monday.

I tried keeping communication with the claims agent who apparently was too busy every time I called or out of office. I called Friday and spoke to Erik again who told me this time that Monday they would have it. Monday Erik didn't call me at all so I decided to call him first thing Tuesday. Then he said he had to get with his "parts guy" to find if they had already received the part but never actually got back to me.

I decided to contact the claims agent again to get her involved in this and have her provide me a serious ETA. Then she leaves a voicemail stating that the car "should" be repaired by Friday or next Monday. I consider totally unacceptable to spend 4 weeks to replace a windshield and a gaugle cluster cover(dashboard trim). This claims agent obviously doesn't care about how much money AllState pays in terms of labor time and rental fees.

I could have solved this myself in less than a week.As soon as my vehicle is fixed I'll get a new policy with another company that actually has employees that care about their customers and about their own company.

Review about: Allstate Auto Insurance.

2.9
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $1500
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Allstate Insurance?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion