Allstate Insurance - Allstate - cheap repair leaving me with diminished value
Hit from behind and the other insurance company took responsibility. I choose to work through my insurance company Allstate.
The repairs suggested by the Allstate appraiser was to bondo everything. Not until I told him the truck is 2 months old with only 2700 mls did he even consider using original Toyota parts. I think of the recent advertisement which states the guys car is not worth repairing even before the 1st oil change. Allstate must be that insurance company. They continue to demand I bondo the rear quarter flex panel which is designed to move (flex) with the weight or load I'm carrying and it's right behind the rear wheel. The bondo will not hold and with in 2/3 years it will crack and fall out. I think they are betting I no longer have the vehicle by then. Allstate took it's time in coming back to review additional damage once the tailgate and bumper was removed. Apparently the appraiser has a poor relationship with the autobody business. So now I have to referee the Allstate appraiser. The other insurance company is wondering WTF is going on with Allstate. Allstate said I need to forward the supplemental summary to them ASAP. Why do I have an insurance company?
I would not consider Allstate as their idea of repairing your vehicle is do a cheap bondo job and let someone else worry about it later.
And I won't even get into the unprofessional appraiser. Which I have asked many times to be replaced - not holding my breath!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer treatment
- Appauling customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Replace read quarter flex panel instead of bondo repair.
- Product or service
- Car Repair Coverage
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I got hurt a work and back in 2005 I had 20 teeth come out from Taking Oxycontin for 12 yr...these rx pain pills caused my teeth to fall out....LM..."
- "Such a horrible company, Allstate. Look how they treat people, even in grief. Atrocious...."
- "My daughter, Savannah, my wife Lori, and I wanted to thank so many of you who donated to help Savannah recently so we could purchase a wheelchair lift to get..."
- "I was contacted back from a post on oodle marketplace that I had inquired on by a lady named Natalie Wilson who had 2 teacup Yorkey Terriers named Kiki and..."
- "Hi, my name is Aziz. I'm calling almost 1 months, but no one call me back. I'm try to cancel my bill. I don't want pay anymore. Can you help..."
- "I had a guy name dave come to my house .company named Boston best junk and trash removal....he gave me a estimate and took a $1000 down payment and never..."
- "We got a bed from Easyhome and a few months later we got bed bugs. We called Easyhome ( Store #202, 9104-118th Ave, Edmonton) They told us to throw the..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."