Allstate Insurance - Allstate - cheap repair leaving me with diminished value
Hit from behind and the other insurance company took responsibility. I choose to work through my insurance company Allstate.
The repairs suggested by the Allstate appraiser was to bondo everything. Not until I told him the truck is 2 months old with only 2700 mls did he even consider using original Toyota parts. I think of the recent advertisement which states the guys car is not worth repairing even before the 1st oil change. Allstate must be that insurance company. They continue to demand I bondo the rear quarter flex panel which is designed to move (flex) with the weight or load I'm carrying and it's right behind the rear wheel. The bondo will not hold and with in 2/3 years it will crack and fall out. I think they are betting I no longer have the vehicle by then. Allstate took it's time in coming back to review additional damage once the tailgate and bumper was removed. Apparently the appraiser has a poor relationship with the autobody business. So now I have to referee the Allstate appraiser. The other insurance company is wondering WTF is going on with Allstate. Allstate said I need to forward the supplemental summary to them ASAP. Why do I have an insurance company?
I would not consider Allstate as their idea of repairing your vehicle is do a cheap bondo job and let someone else worry about it later.
And I won't even get into the unprofessional appraiser. Which I have asked many times to be replaced - not holding my breath!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer treatment
- Appauling customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Replace read quarter flex panel instead of bondo repair.
- Product or service
- Car Repair Coverage
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "When i filed my claim with the state farm agent, i explained the situation i was having on my property. At the time i contact the agent we were having water..."
- "I had water damage in my basement from a water heater blew,we were not told about what all could be claimed like it was a big secret,many things were not..."
- "My husband of 56 years and I immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines to live with my daughter and family, and I became an American citizen soon after. ..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "I've had 2 equipment leases with Direct Capitol and have had no problems with them at all. I did repay loans back early and got no discounted finance or interest..."
- "Black mold growing inside refrigerator, also due to the high moisture level everything is turning to rust. No help from GE, all they wanted to do was give me discount..."
- "We purchased a bumper for our car. Macco was to paint it. They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick..."