Allstate Insurance - Allstate - cheap repair leaving me with diminished value

190 of 392 Allstate Insurance reviews

Hit from behind and the other insurance company took responsibility. I choose to work through my insurance company Allstate.

The repairs suggested by the Allstate appraiser was to bondo everything. Not until I told him the truck is 2 months old with only 2700 mls did he even consider using original Toyota parts. I think of the recent advertisement which states the guys car is not worth repairing even before the 1st oil change. Allstate must be that insurance company. They continue to demand I bondo the rear quarter flex panel which is designed to move (flex) with the weight or load I'm carrying and it's right behind the rear wheel. The bondo will not hold and with in 2/3 years it will crack and fall out. I think they are betting I no longer have the vehicle by then. Allstate took it's time in coming back to review additional damage once the tailgate and bumper was removed. Apparently the appraiser has a poor relationship with the autobody business. So now I have to referee the Allstate appraiser. The other insurance company is wondering WTF is going on with Allstate. Allstate said I need to forward the supplemental summary to them ASAP. Why do I have an insurance company?

I would not consider Allstate as their idea of repairing your vehicle is do a cheap bondo job and let someone else worry about it later.

And I won't even get into the unprofessional appraiser. Which I have asked many times to be replaced - not holding my breath!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Appauling customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Replace read quarter flex panel instead of bondo repair.
Product or service
Car Repair Coverage
Review category
Insurance
review #616809

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Allstate Insurance? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
190 of 392 Allstate Insurance reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Allstate Insurance. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Allstate Insurance.
Filing a new complaint about
×